1897 – Current: Less than a year after the storm destroyed the church structure, the determined Salem congregation had laid the cornerstone for the new building (July 25, 1897). The new and modern Salem Church building, the majority of the current structure, was dedicated May 19, 1898.
In 1906, the pipe organ, which is still used today, was installed. For the first 10 years, air was manually pumped into the organ during the service. In 1999, a new Solid State Combination action was installed in the console along with many other updated items
It wasn’t until 1924 that Salem became an independent charge by no longer sharing ministers with other churches. In 1949 the congregation hand dug the basement to add a kitchen, more classrooms and a social hall.
In 1997 the church grew again. A new wing was added for additional classroom space, offices, a library, kitchenette and bathrooms. Today the building is ready for the new families who will come, worship and remain part of the Salem Church Family.
On November 12, 2006, Salem commemorated the 100th anniversary of the organ at Salem with a special concert by Karl Moyer, Emeritus Proffessor of Music at Millersville University. Dr. Moyer grew up in Salem.